Tuesday 23 June 2015

Just a Cut Shot

I cut my coconut/melon/tropical treat last night but waited for daylight hours to take a shot. Forgive the junk in the background. The coconut mellowed during saponification, just as I hoped and the result is sweet and a little sophisticated, without smelling like suntan lotion. The Pearly micas worked great, with the bonus of a soft shimmer coming through the swirls. Micas often lose their shimmer in cold process soap so this was an unexpected surprise.

So here they are; three bars of "Dreams of Paradise"


Funny enough, all three bars have been claimed by friends who actually missed my soap while I was on my hiatus! If I want a bar myself, I'll have to make more. I did save a bit of the blend for scrubs, but that's another project.

No comments:

Post a Comment