Wednesday 1 July 2015

Vanilla Mint aka Sugar Mint - Cut!

Sugar Mint, as my vanilla and peppermint soap has been dubbed, was ready to cut within six hours. Since I no longer have a wire cutter I wasn't about to test the strength of my knives buying letting the soap get especially hard. Thankfully, it cut nicely. By nicely I mean I'm falling all over myself with soapy happiness. For a soap that took around a minute to swirl, the results are really quite fancy. Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a hard swirling method, actually the Chopstick swirl is one of the easiest, I think, that produces some of the prettiest results.




The bars took a lot of trimming on the sides because the mold bowed, as not to mention the sides weren't straight to begin with. It's not like the scraps are going to waste. They will be going into my bathroom, once they've cured. I got seven bars out of this batch, of random thicknesses as I eye-balled it. Two for sure will go to my friend who loves the scent. The rest will go to whomever lays claim within my circle. One bar, I think will remain with me... I need something for when I use up the scraps!

Plotting my next batch for next week. I've got to decide if I want to have more swirling fun or if I want to risk acceleration. Sweet pea is calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment